Saturday, September 6, 2008

Retro Week... Day 6

Today I dug out a REALLY old sketchbook, and found something to post here. The sketchbook was from Junior-High. I liked drawing and even has mild aspirations of becoming a cartoonist. I was also really into Star Wars at the time. Unfortunately... I was really horrible at drawing people. I think thats probably a big reason why I decided on Architecture. I could draw, get paid and not draw people. So I thought this crappy sketch would be a fitting addition to "Retro Week".

When I brought the sketchbook by the window to get some natural light for the photo, I was interrupted and something far more comical ensued. I have added captions of what it looked like Rufus the cat was thinking when he decided to critique my work...

"What are you doing by my window? Ah I see, let me take a look..."


"Alright, man, I'm going to give you my honest opinion..."


"IT SUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSS!!!!!!"


"But please... you must draw me instead. I insist!"


3 comments:

damon said...

i should show you some of my middle school drawing some time

um no maybe not

ha ha LOL CAT

Daisy Church said...

Awesome!!!! ha ha ha- i love the yawning one and the "oh, look how gorgeous I am spread upon your sketchbook" one...

is that the newest addition to the household!?!?

Unknown said...

Haha! Love the cat!