Sunday, September 7, 2008

Retro Week '08 Last Day

For the final day of "Too Lazy To Post Anything New" Week, I went under the bed to find an acrylic painting from a few years ago. Pretty sure I was still in school when I made this one... or at least coming to the end of those formative years... I picked this one because it was probably one of the precursors to all the collages I have been making lately. Also, i haven't shown a painting in a while.

I like the idea behind it and color, but of course- this painting (acrylic done on illustration board!) could be improved upon in so many ways if done today. Perhaps that's why its been stored under the bed!


And that wraps up Retro Week 2008. I will have to remember to do this again next year. Tune in tomorrow when I'll start posting some backlogged new material. The recently reorganized (and merged) art supplies and office may also yield some interesting explorations in the weeks to come.

No comments: