Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Clutter"

This was my first foray into the world of "Illustration Friday" where artists are given a new topic every Friday and each person submits their own interpretation of the given topic. Fortunately for me they accept new illustrations the whole week!

I took a very abstract, geometric approach to this topic. I actually made several sketches of this over the last couple days, but it wasn't until I searched through my own clutter and found my old set of inking pens that finally decided to go that route. Its been years since drawing ink-on-mylar, so of course, all of the pens were completely dried and clogged. After over an hour of cleaning nibs, fate rewarded me by only allowing one pen-weight to work.

Here goes anyway!


4 comments:

damon said...

very cool

i like

nice to see you on IF

Daisy Church said...

very nice to see all the posts lately!

welcome to IF!! : D great piece- reminds me of exacto knives flying around! (although not a great thing to have cluttering around I suppose)

eleanor said...

welcome to IF...very cool piece. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

terrific abstract - welcome to IF!