Sunday, July 29, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
1. Man with Ziplock box for a hat. I'm sure he was telling his kids to "Check out that weird-looking animal!" right when I took this.
2. Special "Spider City" exhibit. Giant-furry-eight-legged-creatures give me the willies. Luckily there was 1/2" thick glass separating me from the freaky little buggers.
3. Dramatically Lit Foliage. The large, fibrous leafy bits were mesmerizing!
4. Giant Pink Birds! This one almost landed on me, then as I was creeping up to it for an amazing close-up, some kid ran up and scared it off. I'm sure she was just jealous at how awesomely close I was.
5. The Fox-on-Stilts. This was some obscure breed of wolf with long legs (really technical terms here). It was the first time I got to see these things active at the zoo. It was almost feeding time and they were pacing hungrily...
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Monday, July 9, 2007
Monday, July 2, 2007
The following is an idea I carried through from Post-It sketch to a run through of execution, the formal strokes of which can be followed below. The underlying force behind the momentum, and to an extent the gestures, lies within the choice of material and the meaning inherent to it - of which I am ill-prepared to elaborate on fully at this juncture.
The "final" results shown last are not really final, per say, but more of an exploration of the intended method and the capabilities of the material.