Monday, July 2, 2007

A Silence Broken

Well, I have officially blown off the entire month of June. I wish I could say it was intentional or meaningful, but it really wasn't. But that doesn't mean I sat motionless in an idle for six-odd-weeks. No- it does not! Here's something I have been dabbling with for a few weeks.

The following is an idea I carried through from Post-It sketch to a run through of execution, the formal strokes of which can be followed below. The underlying force behind the momentum, and to an extent the gestures, lies within the choice of material and the meaning inherent to it - of which I am ill-prepared to elaborate on fully at this juncture.

The "final" results shown last are not really final, per say, but more of an exploration of the intended method and the capabilities of the material.





2 comments:

Dee said...

Hi Mike! Very cool! I really like the two designs....;) Good seeing you at the party too.

damon said...

now that's some cool stuff