Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fuzzy Zoo Pics

This past weekend Jess and I went to the L.A. Zoo for my company's Summer Picnic. Overall, not a bad time... Free drinks, Free food, free animal viewing and I got to whack a giant donkey-shaped pinata which spewed forth tiny liquor bottles and Southwest drink coupons. Also got a little time to walk around the zoo; we didn't go too far into the sweltering heat, and pretty much just stayed in the shaded areas. Here are the top 5 most exciting things we saw that day, in no particular order:

1. Man with Ziplock box for a hat. I'm sure he was telling his kids to "Check out that weird-looking animal!" right when I took this.


2. Special "Spider City" exhibit. Giant-furry-eight-legged-creatures give me the willies. Luckily there was 1/2" thick glass separating me from the freaky little buggers.

3. Dramatically Lit Foliage. The large, fibrous leafy bits were mesmerizing!


4. Giant Pink Birds! This one almost landed on me, then as I was creeping up to it for an amazing close-up, some kid ran up and scared it off. I'm sure she was just jealous at how awesomely close I was.

5. The Fox-on-Stilts. This was some obscure breed of wolf with long legs (really technical terms here). It was the first time I got to see these things active at the zoo. It was almost feeding time and they were pacing hungrily...



And that's about it for Zoo antics this time...

No comments: