Thursday, September 4, 2008

Retro Week... Day 4!

Fall 2001... programmatic study of Gregory Ain's Dunsmuir Flats... The full model of this was 12"x12" and when we presented these, the entire class put them all together on a table... it turned out pretty cool - all of the pieces fitting together... Can't seem to find an image of the class compilation, though. I have a piece of this model in my possession still, it is one of the few physical models I actually kept from school. I must have spent hours sanding these little pieces. sanding, painting, sanding... painting again... more sanding. Then finally gluing. I only had the patience to let one of the units slide in and out of the white base perfectly.

1 comment:

nelsong said...

Oooh pretty! If you do find a picture of them all together send me a copy, I don't think I even took pictures of that project.