Sunday, January 4, 2009

Prelude to 2009

Welcome to the first post of 2009! Words cannot describe how glad I am to be rid of 2008. If i could find some way to somehow graphically represent the satisfaction of finally making it through that year, I am sure it would find it's way here or possibly just seep out gradually in the shadings of a pencil or the strokes of a brush.

That being said, December wasn't a complete bust productivity wise, though there were major distractions (exam, holidays, etc.), so I took the entire month off on hiatus here. And while the beginning of this year is shaping up to be just as busy, if not more insane than the last few months, I am hoping it will be a painless and productive breed of craziness. This year should prove momentous in it's capacity for change in every facet of my life, but as we all learned last year... change does not occur by itself. At the very least it takes persistence and someone to push it along.

The last few days have been mostly a reorganization and revitalization of the life and spaces around me that have also been neglected as a result of said hiatus. Tomorrow I head back to work and begin chipping away at the mountain that is waiting for me there. But there is Work to be done on my own time as well, so it seems appropriate that it should begin tomorrow as well. I have been called out by my friend Daisy and challenged to do a drawing a day for the year. In a way, the challenge stares me in the face every time I come to my own blog... "Not A Day Without A Line Drawn", it means.

Perhaps it's time to live up to my own audaciousness.

2 comments:

damon said...

come join the party the water is fine

Daisy Church said...

splish splash! come'on, everybody's doing it! PEER PRESSURE!!