Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Circles in Acrylic 1

Hey, I finished my painting early! This is my first crack at one of my circle sketches in painting form, and is 4"x5". I'm not sure if acrylic is the right medium for these pieces, but I am willing to explore it further.

The intention of these pieces is to make images made entirely out of circles, and the forms would take on these organic shapes. I don't think this is quite successful yet at getting to that idea, but it was a good first run, and took on some unexpected celestial qualities of it's own. I also realized that color pallettes of these are going to have to be chosen more carefully.


1 comment:

Daisy Church said...

yay painting!!! great start! : D can't wait to see more- it'd be nice to see you bring your collage sensibility into the painting realm. Maybe even mixed media? (collage with paint?)