Saturday, February 24, 2007

Work In Progress

Every few months, without fail, I pull out a drawing that I have been picking at for years now. It comes out for a few days then returns to a dark place where it festers until called upon in a time of need. This past week I tinkered with it some more. While I am not entirely sure where it is going, I always try to plant a little something in there that makes evident the state of mind that I was in while drawing. I have also tried to incorporate work-work related elements in there. I stare at things all day and it makes sense that they linger in my mind and haunt my dreams. Sometimes it's the only way to associate some further meaning to the Droll.

I'm hoping that more can be done on this before it goes away for another undetermined period of time, though I am not sure if it is ready to be finished or I ready to do the finishing.

No comments: