Sunday, January 28, 2007

Philosophical Vandals

It was late in the afternoon when we looked out our back windows and realized that the apartment building being constructed half a block away got TAGGED... on the vapor barrier! I perceived that this was no usual territory marking and decided to further inspect the situation. The full text reads "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who believe that they are FREE -> Goethe". As 2/3 of this message is visible from my apartment, I will take this as a personal message from the neighborhood intellectual radicals.


After taking that picture, Jess and I took a walk over to the NoHo park, where we found one of the park's "prohibited activities" signs covered in wrapping paper, held on by duct tape. I suppose that's one use for all the extra paper you have laying around. I don't quite get the point of it, but that's OK. People should do more random acts like these in redeveloping residential zones. It would make the area sightly more entertaining.


No comments: