Monday, September 7, 2009

Retro Week 2009 - Day 1

Well, it's that week of the year again, where I go through my old work and pull a bunch stuff out of the 'Archives' to share. I have been on a roll lately making some new stuff so I don't REALLY need to do this, but it is kind of enjoyable (yet painful) to go through old drawings, sketches and work and put it out there for the world to see.

This particular sketch was whipped up back in the fall of 2000, in my first studio at SCI-Arc. I remember sitting in a Starbucks with some friends, drinking a caramel apple cider (because I didn't drink coffee at that point), and an idea for the centerpiece of my main project came to me. I scratched it out on a napkin, as architects are wont to do. Though I really liked it, the element wasn't relevant to my design and never actually made it into my final project.


No comments: