Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Lunch Doodle Rant

I doodled this up at an in-house lunch presentation at work the other day. It was one of the longest winded steamiest piles of drivel I have ever heard, and I have heard many. It took most of the session before I understood what service and/or product they were trying to sell... and it was office furniture, or more specifically human-technological integration in the work environment. My opinion is this: Not only is the entire ergonomic furniture industry a complete waste of money, energy and attention, but you have entire companies dedicated to peddling jargon that feeds into this notion as a valid branch of Design.

Now, I will admit that most people who experienced this particular presentation expressed afterwards how insulted their intelligences were or how duped they felt, but there were some who lapped it up and many who merely tolerated it for the sake of the free food. While I do concede that the sandwich that day was damn good, I still hold strong to the fact that nothing in life is free and that most times, the lure of free cold cuts is just not worth it... unless there's pretzel bread involved.


2 comments:

nelsong said...

Alright Mr. Grumpy, I still ain't giving up my Aeron chair.

Danielle said...

Fantastic sketch, and thank god for pretzel bread!