Sunday, August 2, 2009

Long Beach Jellyfish

At the end of June, we wend to the wedding of a couple friends, whom got married in Long Beach on the sand. After the ceremony the reception was held at the nearby Long Beach Aquarium, which was fun overall, but uniquely so because we had nearly free reign of the entire place for the evening. After finding my way around some ropes, I found myself upstairs, faced with several tanks filled with the slow undulations and luminous tendrils of a throng of jellyfish, glowing eerily in the darkness.

One can lose oneself in a place such as this, and I will admit that I did for a little while. Luckily I was fortunate to have a camera with me to attempt to capture the beauty of these amazing creatures...


1 comment:

Danielle said...

These are gorgeous Mike!