Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Back Inaction

Well, once again I find myself back tracking here to cover a most inactive period. While I can certainly say that life has not been idle, I don't have much imagery to account for that gap... yet!

In addition to the usual bustle that life and work have in store for me I took a full-blown, week-off vacation to Maui, HI. It was really the first true vacation that I have taken in a long time. While I had never been there before, I was in the company of Jess and her family (who are seasoned Hawaii pros), so we steered clear of most of the touristy stuff and hit up the sweet spots. It was great to have just a nice, relaxing time without a care or thought about work or much else for that matter outside of lounging, beaching, snorkeling and drinking.

I am still in the process of compiling and organizing some images from the trip, so as soon as that's done some vacation material will be posted. In the meantime, here are several sketches that were done at various times over the last couple weeks:

Here's a study of some layered planes showing scale and just a hint of volume...


More...
Oooh, gestural...

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I really enjoy the sketches marked "gestural". They are quite nice.

Anonymous said...

ooooo...like these...