Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Instagram & Persimmons

I recently downloaded the Instagram app to my phone (late to the party, I know) and have begun tinkering with it. Thus far, I am a little on the fence about it. While, yes, it DOES put some neat filters on my photos and, yes, I DO love that it squarifies the aspect ratio, I'm still not entirely convinced. I will say that it's incredibly easy to use, accessible, and does yield some appealing results. Time will tell. As a side note: there was a recent article in Wired about the "Instagram Effect" on mobile photography, and it's influence on the average photographic eye.

These shots were taken in my back yard in the middle of a late-autumnal yard work session, where I was clearing the remainder of the overripe persimmons off our tree. As it was our first year harvesting these succulent fruits, there was a bit of a learning curve. I think that next year we'll be better prepared and know when the right time to pick is. Because if you wait too long... KER-SPLOOSH!!!



The below shot was not Instagrammed, because all the filters were diminishing the explosive, gooey feel of overripe persimmons and would have done the shot no justice.

No comments: