Monday, August 18, 2008

Freebie Blues

While Comic Con was a couple weeks ago already, I still find that i have a sizable pile of crap, swag and miscellaneous handouts to last me until next year. Rather than just pitching all of it, per usual, I decided this year to do something more with it. And so I have! In what is the first of what I expect to be a few pieces, I present this collage. It's mostly formal and acted as sort of a bridge outside of my usual pure abstractions and strip collages. My preliminary sketch is also shown below, and it really turned out quite different. The background initially was going to be entirely covered with strips, but it just seemed a waste to cover ol' Wolverine completely...




2 comments:

Daisy Church said...

Love the colors! So bummed I missed you and Jess down there- always such a crazy circus of people, isn't it!? We ran into SO many people without even planning it!! did you see my sdcc pics over on my flickr account?

damon said...

AH!

what did you do

that will be worth so much

cool idea i like it

turned out well